- Saturday 28th November – from 10am
- Showcasing unique products and handmade gifts by local makers via our instagram stories – purchase directly from the seller!
How to take part
Apply for your virtual stall:
1. Email Morgan.Thomas@wrexham.gov.uk to register your interest by Friday 20th November at the latest – please include some information about yourself and your products, as well any relevant links.
NOTE: to be eligible for one of our virtual stalls you must have an Instagram channel and be familiar with posting stories. Customers must have a way to purchase your products online, so having your own website or online shop such as Etsy is required.
Any items sold at the fair must arrive to the buyer in time for Christmas.
Our Virtual Market is specifically for makers of handmade products such as ceramics, jewellery, clothing, prints and more.
We expect to have space for a maximum of 15 traders and slots are allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis. The market will be curated to create a balanced mix, so if we have a lot of traders wanting to sell one thing, we may have to be selective.
2. We will be in touch to confirm your virtual stall. There will also be an opportunity to ask any questions ahead of the event by arranging a Zoom or telephone call with the event organiser. As this is our first event of this type, we are also keen to hear about any ideas you may have for running a successful Virtual Market!
3. We will showcase each maker on our Instagram channel in the days leading up to the event. We would love a photo of yourself, a short bio and a few images of your products to do this.
Market Day – get ready to sell!
1. We will share up to 5 stories per stallholder onto our Instagram story.
2. Stallholders are invited to start tagging us in their stories from 8am on Market Day and we will re-share stories for 3 hours from 10am until 1pm. All stories will be left on our story for the full 24-hour period.
3. Sorry, any stories shared after 1pm won’t be featured.
4. Please remember to tag @typawb and select it in the list of names that come up so that we can re-share the story. Remember to also tag your own Instagram channel into the story so that buyers can access your channel.
5. Take time to create great looking stories – we aim for the Virtual Market to look as attractive as the displays you create in your real shop! Check out each other’s stories for ideas.
6. Please ensure that links to your online shop are in your Instagram bio so that buyers can easily purchase your products.
7. For those of you wanting to offer discounts, please state code TYPAWB in your story for buyers to quote.
If you have any questions are queries, please feel free to contact Morgan.Thomas@wrexham.gov.uk any time.