We’re inviting musical creatives to submit applications to feature in our 2021-22 live music programme, both digitally and in-person.
Since restrictions were introduced as a result of the pandemic in March 2020 we have been presenting our live music programme in a purely digital format via Facebook Live and our YouTube channel.
We’ve hosted 20 online live artist sessions which have received over 40,000 views combined, while supporting musical creatives during a period of unprecedented challenge for the industry.
We’re pleased to announce that our live sessions will continue throughout 2021 and into 2022, and we are looking for expressions of interest from musical creatives to shape our programme through paid performances online and, once restrictions are lifted, in person at the venue. Digital sessions can be in the format of a live stream or a pre-recorded live session broadcast as a Facebook and YouTube premiere.
- Any versions of existing material must not use backing tracks due to copyright restrictions
- Performances should last between 30-60 minutes
- For digital live streams artists should have good quality internet (minimum 5MB upload speed) and good quality webcam and external USB mic where possible
- If recording a pre-recorded live session artists should produce sound and video quality of a high standard
- Experience of producing digital live content is desirable but not essential
- Social media and online presence e.g. Instagram channel/Facebook page/website is desirable but not essential
- There are no geographical limitations for online performances
- We welcome applications from artists working in any genre from all backgrounds
How to apply
Please submit your application via email to Ty Pawb Events Officer Morgan Thomas Morgan.Thomas@wrexham.gov.uk. In your proposal please include the following:
- A general biography of yourself and your music – this could include your genre, experience, if you’re signed to a specific music label etc.
- A minimum of 2 examples of your music – ideally to include a video of a live performance.
- Links to your website, social media pages, Bandcamp, Spotify etc.
- Any questions you have about the opportunity.
There is no deadline for applications, however please note programme planning for 2021-22 is underway and we are keen to hear from you as soon as possible.