CALL FOR PROPSALS
Creative Testbed – Maes Parcio Creadigol / Creative Car Park
Maes Parcio Creadigol is a collaborative project between Tŷ Pawb, KIM Inspire, Addo, and artist Marja Bonada. In the context of developing an experimental new green space on the car park roof of Tŷ Pawb, the partners are exploring how the sensibilities of co-production can be applied to artistic practice to benefit the creativity and wellbeing of local people.
Initially, a group from KIM Inspire, a mental health charity, have worked with artists Marja Bonada and John Merrill to plan and design the garden space, which will include in the first instance a shelter/outdoor workshop and storage space. KIM Inspire are the core group and have led the design activity, however we are continuing to including other partners in this activity such as Bom Di Cymru, a group of Portuguese elders who are keen gardeners. There are currently ambitions to thread this green strand beyond the roof and throughout Tŷ Pawb. This project therefore continues Tŷ Pawb’s ethos of collaboration and forms part of a wider enquiry into constituent-led methodology for cultural institutions, encompassing several strands of activity that are important within the programme. Namely:
- ‘Useful Art’ – adapting, responding and developing to cater to emerging and changing needs;
- Growing and building strong partnerships with local, national and international partners;
- Developing green, ethical and sustainable business practices;
- ‘Makers and Markets’ – fostering new commercial opportunities for artists, makers and traders.
The project is in receipt of Arts Council of Wales’ Connect & Flourish funding.
- The Commission
We are now ready to share our creative green space with our wider audiences and are seeking proposals from creative individuals to trail artful creative activities within the rooftop Maes Parcio Creadigol.
We have four creative opportunities for activities to be delivered during February – April 2023. We are seeking proposals that maximise the use of this open-air creative space through a range of artforms. We see this as an opportunity to trail a collaborative creative idea with our constituents. Proposals must address the constraints of the open-air site.
We are especially interested in receiving proposals for delivery bilingually through Welsh and other locally-represented languages.
A fixed budget of £1,500 has been allocated for each of the commissions, to include materials and any other delivery costs.
- Commission Timeline
Application closing date 29th January 2023
Start date 7th February 2023
Completion date Before 26th May 2023
Proposals must include the following information and requirements –
- A current CV
- Up to 5 examples of previous work OR link to current website,
- Proposal of no more than two sides of A4, highlighting your concept, how your idea will be developed in collaboration with our constituents, and how the work will be shared and evaluated,
- An estimated timeframe,
- Confirmation that you are available to undertake the work within the timescale provided.
Please send applications via email to email@example.com no later than 5pm 29th January 2023.
Any queries regarding this Call Out should be directed to Tracy Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07890203218.