Event Type Learning
Tŷ Pawb Online Fun Palace: Artist-led Craft and Chat! Saturday 3rd October 1pm - 2.30pm Join us on Zoom for fun craft and chat activities led by artists Wendy Connelly and Zoe
Tŷ Pawb Online Fun Palace: Artist-led Craft and Chat!
Saturday 3rd October 1pm – 2.30pm
Join us on Zoom for fun craft and chat activities led by artists Wendy Connelly and Zoe Haldane!
* Learn skills and share your own!
* Try creative map making!
* Celebrate your community!
* A chance to meet new people!
We recommend having some basic art supplies (such as paper, pens and scissors) on hand for the session – plus anything a bit special that you might already have (like watercolours or a sewing kit) and very importantly your favourite beverage and biscuit!
What is a Fun Palace?
A Fun Palace is a free, local event that celebrates every unique community and the skills and interests of those who live there. You can find out more about Fun Palaces across the UK at: www.funpalaces.co.uk How do I join in?
1) Book a free ticket for the event via Eventbrite. https://typawbfunpalace.eventbrite.co.uk
2) On the day of the event, check your inbox for the Zoom invite. (It will be the same email connected to your Eventbrite account and may be in your spam folder if you can’t find it.)
3) Before you join the event at 1pm on Saturday 3rd October, check that your webcam and audio work and that there’s nothing in the background that you’d be uncomfortable with members of the public seeing (e.g. photos of children, a pinned up utility bill or underwear on the radiator!)
4) Click the link when you’re ready to join (it’s a drop-in session, so don’t worry if you’re running late!) and follow the prompts on your screen.
Is the session suitable for families?
Families are welcome to attend the session, but children must be accompanied by an adult or they will be disconnected from the ‘meeting room’. We recommend that families keep their own cameras switched off, or pointed at adults / hands working on their craft project rather than at children’s faces.
What skills can I share?
Time towards the end of the session will be for the group to share their skills with each other. Keep it short and sweet and think about what people will have access to at home. Your skill might be finger knitting, origami, or even something digital like making a graphic or audio clip with free software. Don’t worry if you feel too shy for this – it isn’t compulsory, just encouraged!
(Saturday) 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm